Thursday, May 5, 2011

Carter Michael-November 27th 2005 (momma Cat) :)

Carter Michael due Dec. 18th, 2005
Born Nov. 27, 2005

My first pregnancy was NOT expected at all. I was planning my wedding and was super stressed so when I missed my period I blamed that for the cause. A month later still nothing, so I took a test, it came back negative. So on with my life I went, I got married and went on my honeymoon. When I got back though the next month there was still no period, and sure enough I was preggers. I had so many "more important" things that I wanted to do with my life. I was only 22 and felt like my youth was about to be taken away from me. Needless to say it took me awhile to come around but soon enough I realized that this child would be one of the most important things I ever did in my life and yes my life would change, but only for the better. 
I always thought that I would have an easy pregnancy. Wrong. From the very beginning I had high blood pressure and was put on medication. I had to have ultrasounds once a month and towards the end I was having Non Stress Test twice a week. I had horribe swelling in my legs and face but chalked it up to just being pregnant. But when I went to my 36 week check up, I was informed that I had preeclampsia and that I would not be going home, but straight to the maternity ward. I immediately started crying hysterically. I didn't have a bag packed for either me or the baby, my husband was working 8 hours away, and I was just plain scared to death. 
Finally on the 25th after almost a week in the hospital they started me on cervadil to try and start labor. They did this two days straight, but it didn't work. So finally on Nov 27th they started me on pitocin in the morning. I was dilated to a 3 and at 1pm they broke my water. Soon after my contractions became unbearable so I asked for some IV meds, after that I don't remember much, except sleeping and being sick a few times.  At 3pm I felt the urge to push and at 3:50pm I met the most beautiful baby I'd ever seen. Carter Michael 6 lbs 9 oz 19 inches long.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get the indentations on your ankles and feet if you tried to wear sock or shoes from all the swelling?

    ReplyDelete