Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lucas Tyler-June 8, 2009 (momma Cat) :)

Lucas Tyler due June 16, 2009
Born June 8, 2009

This was my second pregnancy and besides having high blood pressure again and being on meds it was pretty easy. I barely had any swelling this time around, but my doctor didn't want me to go past 39 weeks so we set an induction date. June 7, 2009 we showed up at the hospital hoping to have a baby by June 9th. We started cervadil at 7pm thinking that like the last pregancy it would take some time to get things going. So at around 9pm my husband and I thought we would try to get some sleep. We were in the family room where you go after you have the baby since we wouldn't need the delivery room yet, and they thought I should atleast sleep where it was comfortable. At around 10:30 I started to get the most excruciating pain in my lower back and cramps that I had ever felt. I called the nurse but she explained that it was just cramps from the cervadil and that no contractions were showing up on the monitor. She gave me 2 tylenol and a benadryl and told me to try to get some sleep. I tried to go to bed but couldn't the pain was just too much. I called the nurse again and she brought me a rice sock to help with the cramps and back pain and told me that there were still no contractions on the monitor. At this point I was thinking to myself, "you're such an f-ing wimp! If you can't stand these cramps, how the hell are you going to have a baby!"
Finally at 12:30am I called the nurse and said I'm done, you have to take it out, I can't handle the pain anymore. She couldn't get it out so she left to have the other nurse see if she could get it out. By the time they got back I was dilated to a 6.  They still couldn't get it out so they left the room to get something to try to get it out. Still in horrible pain but my husband's snoring away. LOL Well, now I am but I wasn't then, I was kinda pissed he was sleeping and I wasn't. When they got back it was after one in the morning, when they went to check me to get the cervadil out, I just remember the nurse saying, "Holy Crap! You're crowning! Call the Dr." I pushed a few times with just Dusty and the nurse. My doctor got there with just enough time to throw her coat on the chair put on gloves and catch Lucas, I never did make it to the delivery room. He was born at 1:45 am 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long. Needless to say, I didn't feel like such a wimp after that. But I had made up in my mind that I didn't want to ever do that again. If I didn't remeber my first LD I sure as hell remembered the 2nd.

But...if you know me you know that didn't happen.

1 comment:

  1. That nurse should have listened to you! You knew what was going on, and I believe in a pregnant mom's body and instincts a lot more than a machine!