Thursday, May 5, 2011

Paige Rebecca-February 15, 2011 (momma Cat) :)

Paige Rebecca due Feb 22, 2011
Born Feb 15, 2011

This was my 3rd pregnancy and it was a complete shock. I was supposed to have my period when we were on vacation in FL the week after my son Lucas' 1st birthday. But on the day of his 1st birthday party I spotted a little and thought yes! no period on vacation! Two weeks later though I had a feeling so I took 3 tests and finally realized that it was true and the answer wasn't going to change. I was indeed pregnant. Yes, after selling all of my baby things a month earlier at a garage sale and being on the pill I was indeed going to have another baby. The pain of the last LD was still fresh in my mind. I dreaded this the entire pregnancy. But after a few weeks I realized that I needed to suck it up and deal with it. I got excited and thought maybe we'd get a girl this time. Low and behold at 20 weeks sure enough it was a little girl! 
This pregnancy was completely different from the boys, no HBP or anything. My doctor did decide though that she didn't want me going past 39 weeks again so we again scheduled an induction date. So Mon Feb 14, 2011 we showed up at the hospital and started cervadil thinking that like last time we would have a baby in a few hours. But no, this little girl had a mind of her own. Nothing happened. No cramps, no contraction, no nothing. They decided to have me stay and decided that since there were 2 other mommies to be there that they would start pitocin in the morning and that I should just get a good nights sleep. So on Feb 15th I woke up and took a shower and started pitocin at 7:30. Around 10:30 I started to feel my contractions, they weren't too bad so I asked them to up the pitocin. I knew what was coming and just wanted to get it over with as soon as possible. At 11:30 they were getting harder so they checked me and I was only a 3. In my mind I was thinking you have to be kidding me!!! A 3?!? A 3?!? But I just kept breathing through it thinking soon enough. They got harder and harder and finally at 12 pm I couldn't take it, I had to push and sure enough I was at a 10 100%. After pushing for what seemed like forever and having her get stuck and the doctor having to push her around and then having the cord around her neck, Miss Paige Rebecca was born at 12:10pm 8 lbs 5 oz 22 inches long. I couldn't believe how quickly she came! It felt like forever.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have had 3 natural births, two of which were medication free. Each woman has there own way of doing things and I think to each there own.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was a fast one! Im so glad you got your girl! Planning on anymore?? :)

    ReplyDelete